New Models for Refugee Primary Care (Transitions Program)
Through pilot funding received by the Greater Rochester Health Foundation we are launching new initiatives around orientation to the healthcare system in an effort to empower patients to better understand preventive care and how to manage chronic conditions. This program will investigate a model to assess health literacy levels in newly-arriving refugee patients and conduct interventions to help increase their understanding of the U.S. healthcare system.
Current materials developed to date include:
- English – Medical Monday Brochure
- Karen – Medical Monday Brochure
- Nepali – Medical Monday Brochure
- Spanish – Medical Monday Brochure
- CFRH Magnet Card
- I-speak cards
- Urgent care and ED Locations
- New patient visit booklet
- Ordering Medicaid transportation
Contact us here for more information.